Graduate Faculty train the next generation of researchers and health science scholars through teaching, research, mentoring, and professional service in the Graduate College. To promote excellence in graduate education, Graduate Faculty appointments are reviewed by the Graduate Faculty Appointments Committee and the Graduate Council. Current members of the Graduate Faculty Appointments Committee and Graduate Council are listed on the Graduate Council page.
List of Current Graduate Faculty
A current list of graduate faculty is available at https://apps.ouhsc.edu/newfacappt/ .
Graduate Faculty Responsibilities
- Graduate Faculty are responsible for graduate education in the MS, PhD, and Graduate College certificate programs at OUHSC.
- Faculty must secure a graduate faculty appointment in the program before serving on graduate student committees or teaching graduate courses. Note that a primary academic appointment or adjunct status does not constitute a graduate faculty appointment.
- Graduate faculty must demonstrate qualifications, interests, and scholarly activities appropriate to their responsibilities in the graduate program, as described in the Graduate Faculty Appointment Guidelines.
- All graduate faculty are expected to provide a safe, supportive, and rigorous training environment.
How to Apply for a Graduate Faculty Appointment
We recommend allowing two months for your application to be reviewed and approved.
- Prospective graduate faculty member discusses their role in the graduate program with the Department Chair or Graduate Program Director
- Faculty member submits application for a graduate faculty appointment.
- The Chair or Director of the graduate program reviews the application and recommends an authority level according to the Appointment Guidelines. The chair's recommendation must be submitted by the first Thursday of the month for discussion at that month's Graduate Council meeting.
- Graduate Faculty Appointments Committee reviews the application and reports to Graduate Council.
- Graduate Council votes on final approval on the third Thursday of the month.
- Applicants and Chairs are notified of Graduate Council decision via e-mail.