To apply for the SURE Program, you MUST be:
(1) An undergraduate student who has completed over 60 credit hours.
(2) A United States citizen or permanent resident or have unrestricted employment authorization in accordance with applicable Immigration and Naturalization Service regulations (example: J-2 with Employment Authorization Document or F-1 with approval from your education institutes International Services Office). Applicants with an H-4 visa are NOT eligible.
(3) Willing and able to commit to the program’s entire eight-week time frame.
Scholars are selected based on aptitude and interest in science and math, academic standing, essays and recommendation letters written as part of the application process.
Applicants must have their completed applications submitted by February 5th.
The application can be found on the OUHSC SURP website.
Complete the online application form. Within the form the following information will be included:
- Personal Statement: Please include a one page, Times New Roman or Arial, 12-point font, single-spaced, personal statement via the online application. The statement should express your career goals and include a brief discussion of your interest in biomedical research and personal efforts to expand your knowledge and experience in this area. Please discuss how participation in this program will help meet that objective.
- Two Recommendation Letters: Information about the authors of your recommendation letters (ie: Names, e-mail addresses, etc) will be included as part of your application. Once your application has been submitted the authors will receive an automated request that includes your name, the name of the program to which you are applying, and a link to the online submission for recommendation letters. You will receive notification e-mails when each author submits their online recommendation letter.
- Submit Transcripts: Submit college transcripts to the application as a PDF. Unofficial transcript are allowed.
All SURE Student will receive a summer stipend of $5,000. This stipend can cover all living expenses in the Oklahoma City Metro for your 8-weeks. Furnished apartments are available to rent at a low fixed rate and are located at a partnering institution.