Must be a member of any Oklahoma Tribe; preference will be given to Cherokee, Chickasaw, Choctaw, Muscogee, and Seminole tribal members.
- Have completed 2 years of undergraduate study at an institution in the United States and be currently enrolled in good standing.
- Record of high academic achievement in science course work and experience in laboratory research or health sciences is desired.
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty mentors or instructors are required and should highlight the applicant’s achievements in course work and laboratory experiences, and include an evaluation of his or her desire for a biomedical research or health science related career.
- A statement of career goals that includes a brief discussion of the applicant’s interest and future goals.
Applicants must have their completed applications submitted by February 5th, 2018.
The NARCH application can be found on the OUHSC SURP website.
Complete the online application form. Within the form the following information will be included:
- Personal Statement: Please include a one page, Times New Roman, 12-point font, double-spaced, personal statement via the online application. The statement should express your career goals and include a brief discussion of your interest in biomedical research and personal efforts to expand your knowledge and experience in this area. Please discuss how participation in this program will help meet that objective.
- Two Recommendation Letters: Information about the authors of your recommendation letters (ie: Names, e-mail addresses, etc) will be included as part of your application. Once your application has been submitted the authors will receive an automated request that includes your name, the name of the program to which you are applying, and a link to the online submission for recommendation letters. You will receive notification e-mails when each author submits their online recommendation letter.
- Submit Transcripts: Submit college transcripts to the application as a PDF. Unofficial transcript are allowed.
All SURE Student will receive a summer stipend of $6,000. This stipend can cover all living expenses in the Oklahoma City Metro for your 8-weeks. Furnished apartments are available to rent at a low fixed rate and are located at a partnering institution.