To apply for the SURE Program, you MUST be:
(1) An undergraduate student who has completed between 60 and 100 credit hours.
(2) A United States citizen or permanent resident or have unrestricted employment authorization in accordance with applicable Immigration and Naturalization Service regulations (example: J-2 with Employment Authorization Document or F-1 with approval from your education institutes International Services Office). Applicants with an H-4 visa are NOT eligible.
(3) Willing and able to commit to the program’s entire eight-week time frame, which begins May 22, 2017 and ends July 14, 2017.
Scholars are selected based on aptitude and interest in science and math, academic standing, essays and recommendation letters written as part of the application process.
Applicants must have their completed applications submitted by February 15, 2017.
A completed application consists of the following:
(1) Complete online application form. Within the form the following information will
- Personal Statement: Please include a one page, Times New Roman, 12-point font, double-spaced, personal statement via the online application. The statement should express your career goals and include a brief discussion of your interest in biomedical research and personal efforts to expand your knowledge and experience in this area. Please discuss how participation in this program will help meet that objective.
- Two Recommendation Letters: Information about the authors of your recommendation letters (ie: Names, e-mail addresses, etc) will be included as part of your application. Once your application has been submitted the authors will receive an automated request that includes your name, the name of the program to which you are applying, and a link to the online submission for recommendation letters. You will receive notification e-mails when each author submits their online recommendation letter.
(2) Submit Transcripts: Submit both high school and college transcripts to either the email
or mailing address listed below. Please be aware that emailing your transcripts is not
Summer Undergraduate Research Programs
940 Stanton L. Young, Ste 332
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73104
E-Mail Address: SURP@ouhsc.edu