Must be a member of any Oklahoma Tribe; preference will be given to Cherokee, Chickasaw, Choctaw, Muscogee, and Seminole tribal members.
- Have completed 2 years of undergraduate study at an institution in the United States and be currently enrolled in good standing.
- Record of high academic achievement in science course work and experience in laboratory research or health sciences is desired.
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty mentors or instructors are required and should highlight the applicant’s achievements in course work and laboratory experiences, and include an evaluation of his or her desire for a biomedical research or health science related career.
- A statement of career goals that includes a brief discussion of the applicant’s interest and future goals.
Extended Deadline: February 15th
Applicants must have their completed applications submitted by February 15, 2017.
A completed application consists of the following:
(1) Complete online application form. Within the form the following information will
- Personal Statement: Please include a one page, Times New Roman, 12-point font, double-spaced, personal statement via the online application. The statement should express your career goals and include a brief discussion of your interest in biomedical research and personal efforts to expand your knowledge and experience in this area. Please discuss how participation in this program will help meet that objective.
- Two Recommendation Letters: Information about the authors of your recommendation letters (ie: Names, e-mail addresses, etc) will be included as part of your application. Once your application has been submitted the authors will receive an automated request that includes your name, the name of the program to which you are applying, and a link to the online submission for recommendation letters. You will receive notification e-mails when each author submits their online recommendation letter.
(2) Submit Transcripts: Submit both high school and college transcripts to either the email
or mailing address listed below. Please be aware that emailing your transcripts is not
Summer Undergraduate Research Programs
940 Stanton L. Young, Ste 332
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73104
E-Mail Address: SURP@ouhsc.edu